Competition law is a poorly understood domain when it comes to market transformation. Our clients can benefit from specialist consultancy on Romanian legislation in the light of recent theoretical and jurisprudential international developments, dedicated assistance, training for the management staff and a full service package meant to protect the company’s development and our partners’ business.
- Legal advice on the interpretation of Romanian and EU anti-trust legislation (anti-competitive practices, economic concentrations, unfair competition, state aid);
- Legal assistance and representation before the Romanian Competition Council (such as assistance with obtaining official interpretations, including guidance letters, from the competition relevant authority, assistance with investigations, assistance during hearings, preparing replies to requests for information from the Competition Council, etc.) on various relevant markets;
- Reviewing and analysing past and future behaviour of our clients from the anti-trust perspective and assessing any Competition Council / European Commission notification or approval requirements;
- Analysing clauses with a potential anti-competitive effect included in various agreements, pricing policies from the perspective of the restrictions on competition on the relevant market (both for agreements or abuse of dominant position);
- Drafting contracts for the conciliation of the commercial interests of the parties with respect for the limitations of the competition legal provisions;
- Providing legal advice and analyses regarding various practices and behaviour of the economic agents on the relevant market with respect to competition law;
- Assistance and training for the management / key personal in relation to observing competition regulations (such as seminaries, presentations, investigations simulations, etc.);
- Assistance with notification of the Romanian Competition Council regarding economic concentrations;
- Assistance and representation before the Romanian authorities during litigation against decisions by the Competition Council; for their annulment or for reducing the fines provided by them;
- Assistance with regard to the observance of the legislation applicable for products and services marketing;
- Assisting clients with legal support in their projects by which they seek to obtain state aid (such as obtaining various permits from the relevant authorities, preparing the file for obtaining state aid, whether in the guise of individual state aid or allocations from a pre-existing state aid scheme);
- Analysis from the perspective of state aid of the benefits received from public sources by economic agents.
Sorin David, Managing Partner